This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Cashew Chicken Recipe is a version of the original Oriental dish tailored to fit the Filipino Palate. Thinly sliced chicken breast is coated with egg and cornstarch then stir fried until crispy and golden brown. An array of colors brought about by the different vegetables makes this dish more appealing. Let’s not forget the roasted cashew nuts that adds flavor and texture to the dish.
This is best eaten with any kind of rice. However, I recommend that you have Yang Chow Fried Rice to go with this Cashew Chiken Recipe. If you follow this recommendation, I am sure that your taste buds will be feasting with the nice flavors that are exploding in your m0uth.
By the way, you should not be intimidated by the image. I know that it looks pretty and colorful. Don’t think that this will be hard to make even by yourself. All you need to do is follow the procedure and watch the video of this Cashew Chicken Recipe. Like the others who did, You will be amazed with the result. Happy cooking!
Try this Cashew Chicken Recipe and let me know how you liked it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into thin slices
- 1 piece raw egg beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking rice wine
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts roasted
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Beat the egg and pour-over the chicken then mix well until properly distributed
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil
- Dip the chicken (coated with egg) in corn starch and stir fry until the color of the chicken turns golden brown. Set aside
- In the same pan, add some cooking oil and allow to heat-up
- Stir-fry the onion, red bell pepper, and broccoli
- Add the cooking rice wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce then allow to cook for a few minutes
- Add the stir-fried chicken and cook for 2 minutes while mixing with the rest of the ingredients
- Add the cashew nuts,green onion, salt, and ground black pepper
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: