This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken with broccoli is an easy to prepare recipe that you can cook for your family during ordinary days. This dish is delicious and friendly on your budget. You can enjoy this better if eaten with steamed rice.
This chicken broccoli recipe takes an extra step to make the texture of the chicken more appealing. Instead of simply cooking the sliced chicken, I coated it with cornstarch and fried it to make the texture crisp. This adds more excitement to the entire dish. This is exciting on the taste buds as beef with broccoli.
The broccoli is chopped into florets to make it look good. Do not throw the stems though because you can still slice them into thin strips and add to the dish along with the florets. The seasonings that we have are composed of oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. You can find these ingredients anytime in your local supermarket.
Enjoy this delicious Asian dish with your entire family. Cheers!
Try this Chicken with Broccoli recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into thin pieces
- 1 small head broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the sliced chicken. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Dip the chicken slices in beaten egg and then dredge in cornstarch.
- Fry the coated chicken for about 2 minutes per side or until the color turns light to medium brown. Remove from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Clean the pan and save about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Heat the clean pan with the remaining cooking oil.
- Add the onion and ginger. Cook for a minute.
- Put-in the fried chicken slices. Stir.
- Put-in the oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and water (with cornstarch). Stir and continue cooking for 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the broccoli florets. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!