This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Asian Grilled Chicken and Corn is another grilled chicken recipe that is full of Asian flavors. This dish is easy to prepare and best served for lunch.
You can use any type of grill when preparing this dish except for grill pans. Since chicken leg quarters are thick, it will need enough heat and the proper grill to cook properly. I also suggest that you marinate it for at least 6 hours or longer so that the chicken will absorb the flavor.
Aside from corn, Asian Grilled Chicken can also be enjoyed with steamed white rice. I encourage you to use a meat thermometer whenever you grill poultry so that you can be sure that the meat is cooked well. This will eliminate the risk of gastrointestinal distress or related issues.
Another simple grilled chicken and corn recipe can be found here.
Try this Asian Grilled Chicken and Corn recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 4 pieces sweet corn
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, lemon rind, sugar, ground black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange the chicken leg quarters in a resealable plastic bag. Pour-in the soy sauce mixture. Let the air out of the bag and seal. Marinate for at least 6 hours.
- Heat-up the grill. Grill one side in low heat for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken. Baste using the leftover marinade. Continue to grill the other side for another 15 minutes. You can also grill the corn at this time and brush it with butter.
- Increase the heat to medium. Flip the chicken once more and then grill each side for 5 to 8 minutes while basting. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked. You know that its done if the internal temp reaches 165F.
- Remove the chicken and corn from the grill. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!