This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Chicken and Corn makes a great lunch during a hot and sunny day. You can do this in your backyard or patio while enjoying the weather; you can even prepare this during a family picnic.
This recipe is simple and straightforward. Dry rub composed of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika needs to be applied to the chicken. You will need to let it stay for at least 3 hours so that the chicken can absorb all those flavors (I would even recommend doing this for more than 3 hours to achieve better results). Once everything is in place, you can start grilling. Simple, isn’t it?
I usually brush softened butter to the chicken to give it a little moisture. If you are trying to avoid butter for weight loss reasons then you can always brush it with extra virgin olive oil or just leave it as it is – just make sure to rotate the chicken every now and then so that it won’t get burnt.
I liked the idea of pairing corn with grilled chicken. Since we already grilled the chicken, why not grill the corn, as well. Happy cooking!
Try this Grilled Chicken and Corn Recipe and let me know what you think
- 2 lbs chicken thighs cleaned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 5 pieces corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
- Rub the mixture on the chicken thighs. Let stand for 3 hours to absorb the flavor. Note: Refrigerate the chicken during this process.
- Heat the grill and start grilling the chicken. Grill each side for about 12 minutes. Note: grilling one side for 12 minutes straight will burn the chicken. Try to rotate the chicken every 3 to 4 minutes while brushing some softened butter.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and arrange in a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, brush some butter and sprinkle salt on each corn.
- Grill the corn for 15 minutes while continuously rotating them to prevent from getting burnt.
- Remove from the grill and brush with additional butter.
- Arrange in a serving plate with the chicken.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!