This Asparagus Soup is so rich and has the right amount of flavor. We had this last night at dinner time and I enjoyed it. Aside from tasting good, this soup is also full of vitamins and nutrients from the asparagus which can add to our RDI (Recommended Daily Intake). So, what does it take…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Asparagus Soup is so rich and has the right amount of flavor. We had this last night at dinner time and I enjoyed it. Aside from tasting good, this soup is also full of vitamins and nutrients from the asparagus which can add to our RDI (Recommended Daily Intake).
So, what does it take to make this smooth and creamy asparagus soup? You will get all the details in the recipe section below. However, you will need a tool such as a blender or a food processor in order to puree the soup. Pureeing breaks down the solid ingredients into finer peaces which transforms them almost in liquid form. This gives your soup the smooth texture; it also extracts the flavor of the asparagus.
You will notice that this recipe calls for heavy cream. This ingredient makes the soup rich and creamy. If in case you cannot find this ingredient in your area, please feel free to use all purpose cream as a substitute.
It is visually appealing to garnish your asparagus soup with the tips. What I did was to cut the tips and set them aside while I cooked the rest of the asparagus. I then blanched them (boil quickly and soak in ice water) and used them as garnish.
Try this Asparagus Soup Recipe and let me know what you think.
Recipe: Asparagus Soup
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a cooking pot. Add-in olive oil.
- Put-in the onion once the oil heats-up. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 40 seconds.
- Put-in the chopped asparagus. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in chicken broth or stock. Let boil and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a blender food processor until the texture becomes smooth.
- Add heavy cream and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an individual serving soup bowl. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Leave a Comment