Chicken Asparagus Soup is another good recipe to make with this wonderful vegetable. You might have tried some of our asparagus recipes such as: asparagus soup, grilled asparagus recipe, and asparagus salad — this one that we have here is also as good as the others. The only difference is the use of chicken, which I think is good because it adds more flavor and protein to our daily diet.
Who says cooking soup is hard? The truth is it depends on the soup dish that you are trying to make. In this case, it will be a breeze as long as you pay close attention to the steps provided in the recipe below. As for the ingredients, the recipe calls for fresh asparagus spears. If they are not available, you can substitute it with canned asparagus. Two (10 ounce) cans are enough.
This Chicken Asparagus Soup Recipe has the right flavor as far as my taste buds are concerned. This can also be a meal in its own; what I usually do is have this alone for dinner. It is satisfying, and I don’t experience any heavy feeling similar to eating rice at night. This makes me sleep comfortably.
During lunch time, this can be a perfect soup appetizer. A bowl of Chicken Asparagus Soup will before the main course will relax your tummy and balance your appetite. This is a good thing because it prevents overeating.
Try this Chicken Asparagus Soup Recipe and give us your feedback.
Chicken Asparagus Soup
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast thinly sliced
- 10 pieces fresh asparagus spears cut in 1 to 1 ½ inch length
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep pot.
- Sauté the onion
- Add the sliced chicken. Sprinkle about a quarter teaspoon of ground black pepper. Stir, and then cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour-in broth. Let boil.
- Add the chopped asparagus and cook for 10 minutes in medium heat.
- Sprinkle salt and additional ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!