This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to Cook Chicken Asparagus Soup
The first thing to do when making this soup is to prepare the chicken. We need to boil the chicken until tender, and then shred the meat. Do this by boiling water in a cooking pot. Add the chicken breast and cook in low to medium heat for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and let it cool down before shredding the meat. Save the chicken stock.
Once the chicken has been shredded, heat oil in pot. Saute onion and garlic and then add the chicken. Continue to saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute before pouring the stock. Let it boil. I add a piece of Knorr chicken cube to add flavor to the soup. It makes a huge difference, as far as I am concerned.
Add the fresh asparagus into the pot and cook for 5 minutes. You can also use canned asparagus. Feel free to cook longer to extract the flavor from the asparagus.
Finish by adding spinach and season with salt and pepper. This Chicken Asparagus Soup Recipe has the right flavor. It is not very tasty. You should be able to taste the natural flavor of chicken and fresh asparagus.
Try this Chicken Asparagus Soup Recipe and give us your feedback.
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add chicken. Cover and boil for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and let it cool down. Shred the meat and set aside. Save the chicken stock.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Sauté onion and garlic until onion softens.
- Add chicken. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour-in chicken stock. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Chicken Cube. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Watch How to Cook Chicken Asparagus Soup