This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cream of Asparagus Soup makes a rich and delicious appetizer. It has a nice thick texture and full of good flavor that will satisfy your taste buds. Aside from having theses positive qualities, Cream of Asparagus Soup is also easy to prepare and takes just a fraction of your time.
The trick in making the perfect Cream of Asparagus Soup is in the blender that you will use. You see, we need to blend the ingredients while we are cooking to achieve a smooth and thick texture. I always use an Immersion Blender for this job, and it never fails me. I also use the same blender to prepare smoothies and shake because it is convenient and easy to wash, compared to traditional blenders.
This Cream of Asparagus Soup is perfect for a light lunch or an appetizer for any kind of main dish. I love to have it with a few crackers on the side.
Try this Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch about a pound fresh asparagus, lower end trimmed and then chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute the onion, asparagus, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Start to refine the mixture using an immersion blender. Note: make sure that you take extra caution while blending the mixture.
- Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, add salt and pepper to taste.Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!