A good way to encourage your child to appreciate cooking is to involve them. Make Bacon and Egg Macaroni Salad with Green Peas with your kids this weekend. I’m sure that you will have fun. My Danielle and I did. She was a big help. Jump into the video below to see what happened.
Similar to the classic version, this macaroni salad is simple. It will be easier to make if the ingredients are prepared beforehand. For example, boil the eggs in advance and slice each into cubes. Do the same with bacon. Fry the bacon ahead of time until crisp. Chop it into small pieces. It will also save time to pre-cook the macaroni. Now all you need to do is to combine and mix all the ingredients together.
This recipe is basic. You can add more ingredients to satisfy your liking. I suggest adding a few tablespoons of sweet relish and mustard powder to provide addition flavor to the dish. Also feel free to adjust the amount of salt and pepper based on your preference.
Enjoy this simple recipe with your family. Don’t forget to take a picture of you and your kids with the dish you made and post it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #panlasangpinoy or tag me @panlasangpinoy.
Try this Bacon and Egg Macaroni Salad with Green Peas Recipe. Let me know what you think!
Bacon and Egg Macaroni Salad with Green Peas
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 6 pieces eggs boiled and cubed
- 10 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup green peas cooked
- 1 piece onion minced
- 3 stalks celery minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 quart water
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add 1 teaspoon salt and macaroni. Cook for 7 minutes. Drain the water and let macaroni cool down. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, remaining salt, ground black pepper, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add onion, green peas, and celery. Mix until well blended.
- Add the macaroni. Gently fold until macaroni gets coated with the dressing.
- Add eggs and bacon. Continue to fold the mixture until all ingredients are well distributed. Note: Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve!