I usually make Ketogenic Bacon and Egg Salad mostly during the weekend, when I want to relax and enjoy my meal. This easy-to-prepare salad satisfies my picky taste buds and it is also keto-friendly at the same time.
For those of you who have no idea what keto is, let me quickly give you a high level definition. Keto refers to the Ketogenic Diet. It is a type of diet that promotes weight loss by consuming more fat and less carbs (the lower the carbohydrate intake, the better). You can read more about it here.
This salad might be attributed as a supplement to the diet, but anyone should be able to prepare and enjoy it the same way I did. It makes a good brunch, as far as I am concerned. It makes me feel and stay full longer. This can also be made into a sandwich. People who are not into the diet can make Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwich. You can even add lettuce and tomato for best results.
Note that you can play around with the ingredients below by adding more eggs and/or bacon if preferred. You can add chopped celery too to give your salad a bit of a crunch. Feel free to adjust the dressing based on the amount of ingredients used.
Have fun assembling your salad! Enjoy!
Try this Ketogenic Bacon and Egg Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ketogenic Bacon and Egg Salad
- ½ lb. Bacon
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Water for boiling egg
- Pour water in a cooking pot and then add eggs. Cover the pot and apply heat. Let the water boil rapidly.
- Turn the heat off. Let the eggs remain the the covered pot for 10 minutes.
- Discard the warm water from the pot and pour cold water into it. You can also add ice to quickly chill the egg. Remove the shell and slice into cubes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bacon by heating a pan. Cook each side of the bacon using medium heat for 3 minutes or until the bacon gets crispy. Chop the bacon and set aside.
- Combine Lady's Choice mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, ground black pepper, and onion in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add sliced eggs, bacon, scallions, and cheese. Fold until well blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!