Beef with Broccoli
Beef with Broccoli is an Asian beef main dish. As the name suggests, this dish is mainly comprised of beef and broccoli combined with different sauces for that delightful Asian flavor.
This simple recipe is so easy to follow. I would suggest though that you use beef sirloin or tenderloin to
ensure that your dish will come-out tender. If in case you don’t have them around and opted for another less tender beef part, it would help if you slice the meat thinly and pound it with a meat pounder.
Try this Beef with Broccoli recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is an easy and tasty beef with broccoli version that I enjoy eating with warm rice. The beef is tender and flavorful, while the broccoli is nice and crisp. It is the same version that I have been making for my family as far as I can remember. I can say that this is our favorite version.
The recipe below can be adjusted depending on your preference. It is developed to give you a quick and easy stir-fry version of the dish. Some people want their dish to have some sauce. Simply add half a cup of water to the beef after stir frying. Make sure to stir as it cooks to develop that thick brown sauce.
How to Cook Beef with Broccoli
There are two processes in making this beef with broccoli version. It involves marinating and stir frying.
The secret to this flavorful dish is the marinade. It is a combination of 6 key ingredients. It is composed of oyster sauce, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, cooking wine, Sesame oil, sugar, and cornstarch. Simply combine all the ingredients together, add the beef slices, and marinate for 15 minutes. It will only take this quick to marinate as long as the beef is sliced thinly.
Start the stir-fry process with the broccoli. Heat around 2 tablespoons oil and saute ginger and garlic. This will quickly unleash a pleasant aroma in your kitchen. It is an appetizing scent that pushes you to quickly finish cooking the entire dish. Add the broccoli florets and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. This is the way to get crunchy broccoli. Set everything aside.
Next is to stir-fry the marinated beef until it browns. You can quickly finish the dish by adding the broccoli back to the pan to cook for a couple minutes more. This is ideal only if tender cuts of beef are used. Otherwise, I suggest adding water to the beef and cook it a bit longer until the meat tenderizes. This makes the meat tender and you will also have the opportunity to have a thick brown sauce on your beef with broccoli dish. Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
We all love having this with rice. It is also a nice idea incorporate the dish with noodles. I made something like this before and I called it Lo Mein with Beef and Broccoli.
Try this Beef with Broccoli Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Beef with Broccoli
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil optional
- 3 tablespoons cooking wine optional
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Combine beef, oyster sauce, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, Sesame oil, cooking wine, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate beef for 15 minutes. Add cornstarch and mix to blend with all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a cooking pot. Sauté ginger and garlic. Add broccoli before the garlic starts to brown. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pot. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pot. Add marinated beef once the oil gets hot. Stir-fry until the beef browns. You can add water to tenderize the beef further. If water is added, let it boil and stir as it evaporates. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Put the cooked broccoli into the pot with the beef. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
Watch How to Cook Beef with Broccoli
Leave a Comment