This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bibingka is most popular during the Christmas season. This can be seen being sold outside of churches during simbang gabi along with puto bumbong. I miss the bibingka as I remembered back then when I was still living in the Philippines, so I made some bibingka muffins that taste as good. This is easier to make because it only requires a muffin pan and a conventional oven. There is no need for a claypot and some lit charcoal to make one.
The secret to this bibingka muffin recipe is the flour. Like any other bibingka, rice flour should be used (although traditional recipes makes use of galapong). You can lift your bibingka up to the next level by using sweet rice flour, which is what I used for this recipe. As for the cooking time, it takes about 30 minutes to complete.
I must say that a piece of salted egg is recommended so that you can have both sweet and salty flavors. You can make one without it though, but you have to get one for best results.
This Bibingka muffins recipe can make up to 9 pieces of bibingka. It can be kept inside the fridge for 3 days. If you have questions, simply type-in a comment below.
Try this Bibingka Muffins Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 cups Mochiko sweet rice flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine melted
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 salted duck egg sliced
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine sweet rice flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Beat the eggs.
- Gradually add the sugar while beating and then pour the vanilla extract. Continue to beat until well blended.
- Combine the egg mixture with the sweet rice flour mixture. Stir until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Arrange the muffin cups on the muffin pan. Scoop some bibingka mixture into each cup. Bake for 28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Spread some margarine over each bibingka muffins and then top with cheese and salted egg.
- Put the muffin tray back into the oven and continue to bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the bibingka from the oven. Let it cool down. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Make Bibingka Muffins