Cheese pimiento sandwich spread is a type sandwich spread made from mayonnaise, grated or shredded cheese, and pimiento. This recipe calls for either Edam cheese or left over queso de bola, or shredded cheddar cheese.
Cheese Pimiento Spread has been one of my favorite sandwich spread when I was attending my elementary education not so long ago. I love to have this sandwich spread on my soft tasty bread; I also love it on hot pandesal when I’m having breakfast.
When it comes to the Filipino taste, I think that this sandwich spread is as popular as tuna sandwich spread.
Preparing the spread is very easy. Once you have all the ingredients, all that you will need is to combine everything and then mix them all together. There is bottled pimiento available in your local supermarket. However, you always make one by yourself. All I do is to cut a piece of red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds, and place it over the grill for a couple of minutes. Make sure that you place the bottled spread in the fridge after using. This can last for 3 to 5 days when properly refrigerated.
Try this Cheese Pimiento Sandwich Spread Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Cheese Pimiento Sandwich Spread
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cups grated Edam cheese queso de bola or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grilled pimiento minced (you can also use bottled pimiento)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the mayonnaise, cheese, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the pimiento and then stir until all the ingredients are properly distributed.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate or make a cheese pimiento sandwich right away.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!