This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Are you looking for a delicious Filipino Soup that you can quickly prepare? This Chicken and Miswa Soup Recipe is a good idea. I like Chicken and Miswa Soup because this is something that even a beginner can prepare and it is also budget friendly.
I prepared this Chicken and Miswa soup by first boiling the chicken. I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can use chicken with bone-in. All I did was to boil the chicken until it fully cooked, let it cool, and manually shred the meat. If you use bone-in chicken, the same steps still apply – just be sure not to add the bones in the soup. The water that we used for boiling will be our chicken stock.
I competed the soup by sautéing the veggies together with the shredded chicken. The remaining stock and a few cups of chicken broth were added. Once the liquid boils, the rest of the ingredients are mixed-in the pot. It is very simple and straightforward.
Try this Chicken and Miswa Soup Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 4 ounces Miswa Chinese Vermicelli
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon annatto powder atsuete powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a cooking pot.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the chicken breast and boil for 15 to 18 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Remove the chicken and let cool. Shred the chicken meat manually. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a clean cooking pot.
- Sauté the onion and garlic
- Once the onion becomes soft, add the shredded chicken meat. Continue to cook for2 minutes.
- Add in the annatto powder and then pour-in the remaining water from the pot where the chicken was boiled. Pour-in the chicken broth.
- Stir and let boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. You can add more water or chicken broth if the liquid reduces.
- Put-in the miswa noodles. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped green onions, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. You can top this with toasted garlic.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!