This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This version of Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce is something that I will be doing more in the future. I usually cook this dish by baking, just like what I did in this previous recipe post. This recipe suggests to deep fry the rolled chicken. It was a good idea.
Here are the things that I like about deep fried chicken cordon bleu. First is the texture. The outer layer is crisp and has a nice golden brown color that made it look appetizing. The inside is moist and soft. The flavors are also great. I can taste the rich cheese which was complemented by the saltiness of the ham. The chicken blends in perfect harmony with the filling. The plus here is the Dijon Cream Sauce. It’s creamy tart taste went well with the dish.
This recipe and the cooking video below should be able to help you in the process if you new to this dish or have not tried making this before. The method that I used to cook chicken cordon bleu for this recipe might not be conventional, but it worked well.
I enjoyed this dish a lot. It was even better when I had it with corn chowder. I suggest that you consider this pairing.
Send me a comment if you have questions. You can also message me in IG or send me an email through the contact link above. Happy cooking!
Try this Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 3 to 6 pieces sliced ham
- 3 to 6 pieces Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Dijon Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- Salt to taste
- Place a plastic wrap over a flat surface. Arrange a piece of chicken over the wrap, and then cover the chicken with it. Pound the chicken using a meat tenderizer tool until it flattens.
- Sprinkle salt all over the chicken breast.
- Prepare the filling by putting a slice of cheese and ham over the chicken. Roll the chicken to cover the filling and then seal it by inserting toothpicks into the rolled chicken.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Dip the chicken in beaten egg and then roll over the bread crumbs. Do this step twice to make the coating thicker.
- Deep fry for 12 minutes in medium heat. Note. if you need to turn the chicken over to fry the opposite side, you can do so and cook it for 8 minutes. If you will deep while the chicken is fully submerged, 12 minutes should be enough, but feel free to cook no longer than 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool down. Slice into serving pieces.
- Prepare the sauce by melting butter in a sauce pan. Add onion. Cook until soft.
- Pour heavy whipping cream. Let boil. Add Dijon mustard. Stir and continue to cook in medium heat until it reduces to half. Add salt to taste.
- Pour sauce over the chicken. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce