This recipe was submitted by Jinky Lazaro of Cooking Machine.
This Chicken Satay recipe is amazing !!! The flavors come together like they were made for each other. The chicken by itself was very flavorful and could stand on it’s own; the Peanut Sauce was good too.
On another note, you can pair the Peanut Sauce with Asian Summer Rolls too. This recipe was taken from from FoodNetwork/Ellie Krieger and Thai Food Tonight
This is a definite keeper!
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 1-½ lb of chicken breast cut to 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon of curry powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- bamboo skewers soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 cup of Thai Peanut Sauce Dipping Sauce - see recipe below
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, soy sauce, fish sauce,shallot, garlic,brown sugar, curry powder and ginger. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add the chicken cubes and marinate for 1- 3 hours.
- Pre-heat your grill pan on medium-high heat and spray or brush with oil.
- Thread chicken onto skewers while pan is heating.
- Grill chicken satay for 2-3 minutes per side, or until meat is cooked through and has light grill marks.
- Serve Chicken Satay warm with Peanut Dipping Sauce and Asian salad of your choice.
Peanut Sauce ( Dipping Sauce ) :
1 cup of coconut milk
1 tablespoon of Thai curry paste
2 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
1. Bring 3/4 cup of coconut milk to boil.
2. Immediately stir in the Thai curry paste.
3. Add fish sauce and sugar, mix well.
4. Add the peanut butter, mix well and make sure it is well incorporated.
5. Finish it with the remaining coconut milk. Cook for 1 more minute.