Chicken Feet in Oyster Sauce with Salted Black Beans is a budget friendly appetizer dish that you can make at home. It is delicious, easy-to-make, and rich in collagen, which is good for joint health.
How to Cook
Start by frying the chicken feet for 3 minutes per side. This step helps keep the chicken skin intact and prevents it from tearing-up when pressure cooked. Note that you can skip this step, but the appearance of the chicken after cooking will be different from what you see in the photo.
Once the chicken has been fried, it is time to pressure cook it so that it gets very tender. Begin by sautéing garlic and onion. This provides flavor and aroma to the dish. Add chicken, oyster sauce, and water. Pressure cook for 18 minutes.
Make sure to depressurize the cooker before opening. Continue cooking by adding mirin. This is a type of sweet cooking wine. You may use brown sugar as an alternative. Also add salted black beans. This is also known in the Philippines as tausi. Cook until the sauce reduces to half.
Finish by adding chili garlic oil. You can also use fresh chili pepper.
You may also want to check our chicken feet adobo version.
Enjoy this dish as an appetizer. It can also be eaten as a main dish with rice.
Try this simple and delicious recipe. Happy cooking!
Chicken Feet in Oyster Sauce with Salted Black Beans
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken feet cleaned
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salted black beans tausi
- 2 tablespoons Mirin or 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Fry chicken feet for 3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pressure cooker. Saute garlic and onion until onion softens.
- Add chicken feet. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce and water. Pressure cook for 18 minutes.
- Pour mirin (or brown sugar) and add salted black beans. Continue cooking until the sauce reduces to half.
- Add some chili garlic oil. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!