This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Guisantes or Chicken and Green Peas Stew is my go to dish when I want to eat something simple yet satisfying for dinner. I like chicken guisantes because its taste is not overpowering and it is also easy to prepare.
I used chicken thigh for this recipe. I got these pre packaged from the supermarket. Aside from thighs, you can also use chicken breast, chicken drumsticks, or cut-up a whole chicken instead.The green peas that I used were frozen. If you are using the same, there is no need to thaw the peas before cooking. You can also use green peas in can (this is what I often use when I was in the Philippines), just make sure to drain the liquid before adding the peas. Roasted capsicum or bell pepper helps improve the overall taste of Chicken Guisantes. However, you can still use fresh bell pepper if you prefer.
Chicken Guisantes is best served with rice: be it white or brown. Oh, one more thing — I know that most of you are religiously following our recipes exactly as they are written. Sometimes it will be better if you deviate by trying to add other ingredients or by using substitute ingredients. For example, you can add potatoes and carrots when making this dish, or perhaps use other types of meat. You will learn a lot from this experience.
Try this Chicken Guisantes Recipe. enjoy!
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Once the onion becomes soft, add the chicken slices. Cook each side of the chicken until it turns light brown (around 2 minutes). Make sure to turn the chicken over to cook the other side.
- Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir and let boil. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the green peas. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the red bell pepper. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: