The name of this dish might sound intimidating in terms of preparation, but it’s not. Chicken Piccata is one of the easiest and flavorful ways to prepare chicken. The process involves 2 steps: pan-frying the coated chicken breast and making a lemon and wine-based sauce.
This recipe can also be applied to other kinds of meat. In fact, the original piccata recipe uses veal. This also goes well with pork chop and tenderloins.
What is the best side for piccata? Since this dish has a sour sauce, I usually have this with salad and feta cheese. This can also go well with steamed asparagus. In terms of carbs, chicken piccata can be enjoyed with any type of pasta. You can cook spaghetti of fettuccine and place the chicken on top. Don’t forget to pour additional sauce.
Try this Chicken Piccata Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. flat boneless chicken breasts cleaned
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 5 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons bottled capers
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes optional
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Combine Parmesan cheese and flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dredge the flat chicken breast slices in the flour mixture.
- Melt half of the butter in a pan and then pour-in olive oil.
- When the mixture becomes hot, pan-fry the dredged chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Arrange the chicken in individual plates.
- Once all the chicken have been pan-fried, Make the sauce by pouring chicken stock on the same pan. Let boil.
- Add the lemon juice and capers. Stir while trying to scrape the left-over flour in the pan. Add the remaining butter and then cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour on top of the fried chicken breasts. Garnish with parsley flakes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!