Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
Make Chicken Potato Salad at home with the entire family! It is a good way to forge bonding between each other. Imagine making a delicious and easy dish while having fun and building camaraderie at the same time. Perfect, isn’t it? How to Make Chicken Potato Salad I always involve my little ones every time…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make Chicken Potato Salad at home with the entire family! It is a good way to forge bonding between each other. Imagine making a delicious and easy dish while having fun and building camaraderie at the same time. Perfect, isn’t it?
How to Make Chicken Potato Salad
I always involve my little ones every time I make salad. For example, my youngest daughter, Danielle, and myself had fun making Tuna Macaroni Salad. It also got her more interested in cooking.
You can make this salad with the kids and other members of the family. It is simple and easy.
I first boiled the vegetables followed by the chicken. I then made a salad dressing with Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and tossed it with the cubed vegetables and chicken. I like it served chilled, so I place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
Let me provide more details. There is a sequence involved when boiling the vegetables. Potato needs more time to tenderize, so I boil it 5 minutes ahead of the carrot. I then add the carrot with the potato on the same pot and continue boiling for 10 minutes.
After removing both veggies in the pot, let it cool down and slice into cubes. I also cook the peas on the same pot for 1 minute. Still using the same pot and remaining water, cook the chicken by boiling for 15 minutes. Remove from the pot and slice into cube once it cools down.
Make the salad dressing by placing Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise in a bowl. Add seasoning such as salt and ground black pepper. I also add sweet relish, shredded cheddar cheese, onion powder, and sugar. Mix everything together until well blended.
Combine cubed vegetables, chicken, and salad dressing in a large bowl. Gently toss. Chill inside the fridge before serving.
Try this Easy Chicken Potato Salad Recipe. Enjoy it with the family!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Chicken Potato Salad
- 8 ounces chicken breast boneless
- 1 ¼ cups Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 4 pieces potato
- 1 piece carrot
- 1 cup green peas frozen
- 2 ½ tablespoons sweet relish
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Water for boiling
- Boil water in a pot. Add potato. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove potato and carrot from the pot. Place in a clean bowl and let it cool down.
- Add frozen green peas into the pot with boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken into the pot. Boil for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice potato, carrot, and chicken into cubes. Set aside.
- Make the salad dressing by combining Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, pickle relish, onion powder, ground black pepper, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Combine potato, carrot, peas, and chicken with the salad dressing and then add shredded cheddar cheese. Toss until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Make Chicken Potato Salad
Leave a Comment