This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I am a fan of macaroni salad with mayonnaise. I think that chicken macaroni salad is good, but this Christmas Chicken and Ham Macaroni Salad is way better. It has almost everything that make-up an awesome macaroni salad, in my opinion. Aside from shredded chicken breast, I had cubed ham in there along with boiled eggs that were cut into cubes. Pineapple tidbits, cheese, and raisins were also added. All of these components blended beautifully together.
It is a tradition in our family to have macaroni salad during Christmas. This is what I substitute for rice during the occasion. I love having this with dishes such as lechon kawali and pork menudo. Believe it or not, this makes those dishes more enjoyable to eat.
Another reason why I like Christmas Chicken and Ham Macaroni Salad is the fact that it is quick and easy to prepare. It can take less then 30 minutes to have the salad ready for chilling. I also always look forward to the day after Christmas because I usually have the leftovers for breakfast. Yum!
At this point in time, you might be attending countless Christmas parties. Some of these might be potluck events wherein you are requested to bring your own dish to share. If you want to impress your friends while not burdening yourself from preparing complicated dishes, I suggest that you consider this dish as one of your options. It is fast and easy to make, budget-friendly, and delicious.
Try this Christmas Chicken and Ham Macaroni Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- ½ lb. skinless chicken breast
- 6 ounces ham cubed
- 3 boiled eggs cubed
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup shredded/grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- ½ cup minced carrot
- 5 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups water
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add chicken breasts. Continue to boil in medium heat for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool down. Manually shred the meat from the chicken breasts and place in a clean bowl. Set aside.
- Start to cook the macaroni according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl or pot, combine Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Add onion, carrot, raisin, and sweet relish. Continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Put-in the elbow macaroni. Toss.
- Add ham and shredded chicken. Toss.
- Add cubed boiled eggs and cheese. Continue to toss until all ingredients are well distributed. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the video on How to Make Christmas Chicken and Ham Macaroni Salad