Pinoy Style Chicken Macaroni Salad is something that we make together as a family. We usually make it on a weekend for lunch, so that the kids can help prepare the ingredients and have fun at the same time. It has always been a family favorite. All of us know the recipe by heart, even the little ones.
I like this version of macaroni salad because it is simple to prepare and it tastes good. You can either enjoy it by itself or have it with other yummy Filipino dishes. I prefer the second option because it compliments almost every dish, which makes the entire meal more enjoyable.
Who should try to make this dish? This recipe is meant for everyone. I recommend this to those who are starting to get a hands-on experience in cooking, and for those who want to develop family bonding through food. I think that it is a perfect dish that you can start with.
It is best to plan ahead. Have a specific date in mind when you want to make Pinoy Style Chicken Macaroni Salad, gather all the necessary ingredients, and assign tasks to each member of the family so that each can contribute to the success of your dish. It will be more fun if everyone is involved.
I like this dish cold, so I chill it in the fridge right after tossing. How do you like your macaroni salad?
Another yummy version that we enjoy having is Christmas Chicken and Ham Macaroni Salad. You might want to check it out too.
Try this Pinoy Style Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Pinoy Style Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 can pineapple tidbits 20. oz
- 1 cup minced carrot
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup raisins
- 8 to 10 cups water for boiling chicken and macaroni
- 220 ml. Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 to 3 tablespoons juice from the canned tidbits
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- Boil 5 cups water in a cooking pot. Add chicken breasts. Cover the pot and continue to boil for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool down.
- Boil remaining water in a clean pot. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Put-in the elbow macaroni and then cook according to package instructions. Drain the water. Set the macaroni aside.
- Meanwhile, manually shred the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the Salad dressing ingredients (see above). Mix well.
- Add macaroni. Toss until well blended.
- Add pineapple tidbits, carrots, raisins, shredded chicken, and cheese. Continue to toss.
- Adjust the flavor by adding more salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper, only if needed.
- Top with more cheese. Cover the bowl and chill inside the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Serve! Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pinoy Style Chicken Macaroni Salad