Coke Pork Adobo is a version of adobong baboy that makes use of a cola drink. It helps level-up the dish by providing a hint of sweetness and good flavors. This always reminds me of humba.
How to Cook Pork Coke Adobo
You will be amazed on how easy it is to prepare this dish. Make it for lunch or dinner. Reheat the leftovers (if any) for breakfast the next day. By the way, I love to have leftover pork adobo for breakfast. I enjoy it with garlic fried rice and boiled egg.
Start cooking by searing pork until enough oil is extracted. The oil will be used to cook the garlic later on. Make sure to stir while searing to cook the meat evenly.
Once done, push the seared pork on one side of the pan. Add crushed garlic on the open side. Let the oil flow towards the garlic by tilting the pan towards it. Saute for 30 seconds and then mix garlic and pork together. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Pour-in soy sauce and vinegar. Add bay leaves and whole peppercorn.
The pork might look cooked on the outside, but the inner part needs to be thoroughly cooked, as well. It is also important to make it very tender. This can be achieved by boiling the meat in low heat. The cola drink is used instead of water. However, water can be added if needed. The cola drink provides additional flavor and sweetness to the adobo.
Pour cola drink on the pan and let it boil. Cover the pan and adjust heat to low. Continue boiling until the pork tenderizes. Make sure to keep an eye on the level of the liquid. If it dries-up quickly, add enough water.
Season the dish with salt if needed. This is best enjoyed with white rice.
Try this easy Coke Pork Adobo Recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
Coke Pork Adobo
- Heat pan. Sear pork belly until it browns and enough oil is extracted. Note: stir the pork continuosly while searing.
- Push the pork on one side of the pan. Add garlic on the open area. Saute garlic for 30 seconds. Mix pork and garlic together. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour-in soy sauce and vinegar. Let boil. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add whole peppercorn and dry bay leaves.
- Add cola drink. Let it boil. Cover the pan. Continue cooking in low heat until pork gets tender. Note: add water if needed.
- Season with salt (optional).
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve. Share and enjoy!