Creamed Spinach is a delicious and easy to prepare side dish that is best eaten with roast chicken.
This recipe makes use of canned spinach. However, you can also use chopped baby spinach if you prefer fresh Ingredients. If you will be using canned spinach, make sure that you drain the liquid before cooking. It will be better if you squeeze the liquid out of the spinach using your hands.
The first time that I tried creamed spinach as a side dish with roast (or rotisserie) chicken was in Boston Market. I liked the combination and started to pair these two dishes from that day forward. Of course, my mashed potato with gravy is always there on the side, as well.
Try this Creamed Spinach Recipe and let me know what you think.
Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 2 14 oz. cans spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and then cook until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in spinach. Stir.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Pour-in heavy whipping cream. Continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes in medium heat while stirring every 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!