Creamy Lengua with Corn
Creamy Lengua with Corn is so yummy! This is somewhat similar to pastel de lengua, except that I did not cover the dish with pastry dough and prepared it like a pie. Nevertheless, this wonderful dish is very deserving to be tried. I’m sure that you will like it. How to Cook Creamy Lengua with…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy Lengua with Corn is so yummy! This is somewhat similar to pastel de lengua, except that I did not cover the dish with pastry dough and prepared it like a pie. Nevertheless, this wonderful dish is very deserving to be tried. I’m sure that you will like it.
How to Cook Creamy Lengua with Corn
Making this delicious dish is not complicated at all. You will be surprised to learn how easy it is to make one.
Before cooking the actual dish, make sure that the ox tongue is prepared properly. It should be very tender and sliced into serving pieces before cooking. Do this by cleaning it thoroughly with water. Pressure cook it along with dried bay leaves and while peppercorn. These ingredients provides flavor and aroma to the protein.
If this is your first time cooking ox tongue, be aware that the outer layer needs to be peeled-off completely. It is easier to perform this task once it cools down after pressure cooking.
Slice the lengua into thin pieces and set aside. You can also prepare this in advance and then keep it in the freezer until needed.
Now that the protein ingredient is ready, start cooking by melting butter in a pan. Add garlic and onions and then saute the sliced ox tongue once the onion softens.
I still want the meat to be very tender and the sauce to be flavorful. For this reason, I add water, a piece of Knorr Beef Cube, and sweet corn kernels and then boil the lengua for 20 minutes.
Condensed cream of mushroom soup and all-purpose cream makes the sauce rich, thick, and creamy. I add these ingredients next and season with salt and pepper.
This is something that you can enjoy with plain white rice. I also love it with mashed potato and garlic bread.
Try this delicious Creamy Lengua with Corn recipe. Have fun cooking!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Creamy Lengua with Corn
- Combine ox tongue, 5 pieces dried bay leaves, 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn, and 6 cups water in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 45 minutes. Discard the water and let the ox tongue cooldown. Peel-off the outer layer. Slice tongue into serving pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. As the butter melts, add garlic. Continue to cook between low to medium heat until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add onion. Cook until tender.
- Put the ox tongue into the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Pour water into the pan. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Beef Cube. Stir.
- Add whole kernel corn. Stir and cover the pan. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup and all-pupose cream. Stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Creamy Lengua with Corn
Leave a Comment