Crispy Air Fried Liempo Pinakbet with Ube is a version of pakbet tagalog with purple yam and crispy pork belly. I cooked the pork using an air fryer. This is a less oily way to enjoy delicious pinakbet with super crispy liempo. I hope that you try this recipe.
How to Cook Crispy Air Fried Liempo Pinakbet with Ube
There are two processes involved in making this dish. The first involves cooking the pork belly until the texture looks like that of lechon kawali. There is less oil though because it will be air-fried as opposed to being deep-fried in oil. The second process involves the regular steps in cooking pinakbet tagalog, except that we will be adding ube (purple yam) as part of the ingredients.
Start by boiling the liempo. Simply combine pork and water in a cooking pot. Boil it for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the pork from the pot and rub salt all over once it cools down. I usually let it sit for at least 10 minutes. This allows the meat to absorb the salt better, making it tasty.
When it comes to air-frying the meat, set your air fryer to 370F and then air-fry the liempo for 18 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy. Slice it into serving pieces.
Making pinakbet is easy and straightforward. The first thing I did was to saute the aromatics. This involves onion, garlic, and ginger. I also added a piece of ripe tomato.
When it comes to the sequence of adding vegetables, the ones that take longer to cook should be added first. It is the ube and kalabasa in this case. Gently slide the cubed veggies into the pan and the saute for a couple of minuted before adding water. Let it boil and add a piece of Knorr Pork Cube and some bagoong alamang for flavor.
Add the other veggies after 5 minutes of cooking. Continue cooking everything for the next 7 to 10 minutes. If you want very soft vegetables, feel free to cook longer. You can also add the crisp liempo during the last 3 minutes of cooking or top it afterwards.
I love having this for lunch along with a cup of warm white rice.
Try this delicious Crispy Air Fried Liempo Pinakbet with Ube Recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
Crispy Air Fried Liempo Pinakbet with Ube
- 1 1/2 lbs liempo
- 1 piece Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 piece purple yam ube, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups kalabasa cubed
- 12 pieces sitaw sliced in 2 inch pieces
- 10 pieces okra
- 1 pieces talong sliced
- 1 piece ampalaya sliced
- 1 piece tomato cubed
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 3 thumbs ginger crushed
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons bagoong alamang
- 5 cups water for boiling
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Boil water in a cooking pot.
- Add pork belly. Continue boiling for 35 minutes.
- Remove pork from the pot. Let it cool down. Note: Save the pork stock (water used to boil the pork). It will be used later.
- Rub salt all over the pork belly. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Put the pork in an air fryer. Air-fry for 18 minutes (or until crispy) per side in 370F. Slice into serving pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger, and tomato.
- Once tomato and onion softens, add ube and kalabasa. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/4 cup pork stock into the pot. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cube. Stir.
- Add bagoong alamang. Stir. Cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant and ampalaya. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add okra and snake beans. Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper. Top with crispy liempo. Serve. Share and enjoy.
Watch How to Cook Crispy Air Fried Liempo Pinakbet with Ube