Crispy Noodles is a type of noodle dish wherein the noodles (usually egg or flour) are fried until crispy. A special sauce made with vegetables, meat, and seafood is topped on the fried noodles.
I like this dish for its uniqueness and texture. I can enjoy crunchy noodles at the beginning and have a tasty softer noodle towards the end.
I first had this type of dish in the Philippines. If you like Pancit Canton, you will enjoy this dish!
Try this Crispy Noodles recipe and let me know your thoughts.
- 12 to 14 ounces egg noodles or Pancit canton
- 1 cup boneless chicken breast sliced
- 1 cup shrimps shelled and deveined
- 1 bunch bok choy or pechay
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 3/4 cup carrots julienne
- 3/4 cups long green beans chopped
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooking oil
- Heat a wok and pour-in cooking oil.
- Deep Fry the noodles in medium heat until texture becomes crisp and crunchy.
- Turn-off heat and transfer fried noodles on a serving plate (make sure to let excess oil drip).
- Reduce the cooking oil from the same wok to 3 tablespoons and apply heat.
- Saute garlic and add chicken slices. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimps then stir.
- Put-in the green beans, red bell pepper, and carrots. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, five spice powder, and sesame oil, and cornstarch diluted in water. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce on top of arranged fried noodles.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!