Chicken Pancit Recipe
Chicken Pancit Medley is an easy chicken pancit recipe that I made using two types of noodles, bihon and sotanghon. The first noodle is known as rice sticks. Pancit bihon is a good dish to make with it. Sotanghon is called green bean thread. This delicious pancit dish is quick and easy to make. It…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Pancit Medley is an easy chicken pancit recipe that I made using two types of noodles, bihon and sotanghon. The first noodle is known as rice sticks. Pancit bihon is a good dish to make with it. Sotanghon is called green bean thread. This delicious pancit dish is quick and easy to make. It is also budget-friendly.
What is Pancit?
Pancit is a type of Filipino noodle dish. The noodles may vary depending on the kind of pancit recipe being prepared. For example, this recipe makes use of rice noodles called bihon. Flour sticks or noodle is also used to make pancit canton, pancit habhab, and pancit bato.
The chicken meat that I used from this pancit recipe was from the leg quarters. I use chicken leg quarters most of the time for dishes such as this because it is cheaper and tasty too. I started by boiling the chicken in water. This process totally cooked the chicken and made it tender. As a bonus, chicken stock was produced in the process. This means that we saved more money because we do not need to buy chicken stock to make our pancit.
Tips in Making Pancit
I tried to make this dish simple by using less veggie. Celery, carrot, cabbage, and parsley are all that we need. These vegetables were prepared beforehand by stir-frying. If you do not prefer to stir-fry the vegetables, you can also blanch it. You can learn more about blanching vegetables by referring to our Pancit Canton Recipe.
Make sure that you soak the noodles in water first before you start to cook. Do this by filling a large mixing bowl or even a large cooking pot with tap water. Put the noodles in and soak for 10 minutes. The noodles will absorb the water making it softer and easier to cook later on.
How to Cook Pancit
Cooking pancit is a simple process. As mentioned above, there are only minor preparations required. This recipe suggests to boil bone-in chicken until fully cooked. The meat is then shredded and will be used to cook pancit. Then noodles, on the other hand, should be soaked in water until tender. This makes cooking easier.
Start by stir-frying the veggies. Heat oil in pan and then saute cabbage and carrots. You can also saute half of the onion if preferred. Set the cooked veggies aside. This will be added back towards the end the cooking process.
Saute onion, celery, and garlic on the same pan. Add the shredded chicken and pour-in some soy sauce and the chicken stock. Note that the stock refers to the water used to boil the chicken earlier. Let it boil and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the soaked pancit noodles.
Toss the noodles until the liquid is fully consumed. Add the sir-fried veggies and season. Serve with calamansi or lemon.
Try this Chicken Pancit Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Chicken Pancit Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken with bones and skin on
- 1/2 lb. bihon noodles rice sticks
- 1/2 lb. sotanghon noodles green bean thread
- 1/2 piece cabbage chopped
- 2 piece carrots julienne
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 3 stalk celery or celery heart, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pour 6 cups of water in a cooking pot. Let boil. Put-in the chicken and boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove the boiled chicken from the cooking pot. Let it cool down. Shred the meat and discard the bones. Set aside. Note: do not throw the water yet, we will use it later as chicken stock.
- Meanwhile, soak the sotanghon and bihon noodles in water for 10 minutes. Set aside. Note: do this by using a large mixing bowl and fill it with tap water.
- Heat a large pan. Pour-in 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Let the oil get hot then stir-fry the cabbage and carrots for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, heat the remaining cooking oil. Once the oil becomes smoking hot, saute the onion, celery, and garlic.
- Add the ground black pepper and shredded chicken. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in soy sauce and 1 cup of chicken stock (this is the water that was used to boil the chicken). Stir and let boil. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the soaked noodles. Toss the noodles until all the ingredients are well blended. If the noodles is somewhat dry, add a cup of chicken stock and continue to toss until the liquid is absorbed.
- Put-in the stir-fried cabbage and carrots. Toss.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with lemon or calamansi.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment