This easy adobong pusit recipe is true to its name. It is one of the simplest and uncomplicated way to cook squid adobo. I recommend this recipe to everyone, especially the beginners who have not tried to make this dish yet.
How to Cook Easy Adobong Pusit
Before starting, make sure to clean the squid thoroughly. Make sure to save the ink sac. This dish is better with squid ink. I am using large squid for this recipe. This is the reason why it was sliced into pieces. Slicing is not necessary when small to medium-sized squid are used.
Combine squid, salt, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl. Mix well. You can also add the ink in this step. Marinate for at least 12 minutes.
Start to cook adobong pusit by sauteeing the garlic. It best to somewhat toast the garlic before adding the onion. Do this by sauteeing garlic while stirring until it starts to brown. This helps improve the flavor of the sauce. Add onion and tomato afterwards, and then saute until tender.
Pour all the marinade ingredients into the pan. Season with ground black pepper. Let the liquid boil for 3 minutes while the pot is covered. Add the squid. Cook it for 3 minutes. Add sugar and then remove the squid from the pot. Arrange in a clean bowl. Let the sauce cook until it reduces to half.
Pour the sauce all over the squid. Top with chopped parsley. Serve with warm rice.
You may also be interested in other ways to cook squid. Rellenong Pusit (or relyeno) is a dish that you should also consider.
Try this Easy Adobong Pusit Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Easy Adobong Pusit Recipe
- Combine squid, salt, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate for 12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Saute garlic until it starts to turn light brown. Add onion and tomato. Continue to saute until onion and tomato completely softens.
- Pour the marinade liquid into the pot. Add ground black pepper. Let boil and then cook for 3 minute using low to medium heat. Make sure to cover the pot.
- Add the squid. Let the sauce boil. Cover the pot and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar. Stir. Remove the squid from the pot and then arrange in a bowl. Continue cooking the sauce until it reduces to half.
- Pour the sauce over the squid. Serve. Share and enjoy.
Watch How to Cook Easy Adobong Pusit