This is a quick and easy version of beef stroganoff. The entire dish can be cooked within 30 minutes. I enjoy having it for lunch over a cup of warm rice.
How to Cook Easy Beef Stroganoff
It is quick and simple to make this dish in the comfort of your own kitchen. The secret to a tender dish is in the cut and quality of the beef. While tenderloin is the best that you can use, beef sirloin is recommended for budget reasons. Using tough cuts of meat will increase the cooking time and can produce a different outcome.
Start by combining the sliced beef with salt and pepper. Let the meat absorb the flavors of the seasoning for around 10 minutes, and then add flour.
The beef needs to be prepared by pan-frying. Melt butter in a pan and add a bit of oil. You can use canola or olive oil. Adding oil increases the smoke point of the butter. This prevents it from getting burnt quickly. Cook the beef until it turns light brown. Remove it from the pan afterwards and put in a clean plate.
Continue cooking using the remaining butter and oil. You can add more butter if needed. Saute the onion until it gets soft and add mushrooms. Put the beef back into the pan. This cooks for around 1 to 2 minutes.
The sauces goes into the pan next. Add cream of mushroom (condensed) soup and beef broth. Stir and adjust the heat to medium. Cook until the sauce reduces to half. We are almost done, hurray! Finish it by seasoning with salt and pepper. Don’t forget to stir-in the sour cream afterwards. Top it over egg noodles or rice.
Make this beef stroganoff for your family. They will love it!
- 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin
- 6 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Season beef with salt and ground black pepper. Mix well. Add flour and continue to mix until the beef gets completely coated. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add olive oil. Pan-fry beef until color turns light brown. Remove beef from the pan. Set aside.
- Saute onion in the remaining oil and butter. Add mushroom. Continue to cook until mushroom softens.
- Add beef. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup and beef broth. Stir. Continue cooking in medium heat until the sauce reduces to half.
- Season with more ground black pepper. Add sour cream. Stir until all ingredients are well distributed.
- Top over rice. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Easy Beef Stroganoff