Tinola is a Filipino Chicken Soup Dish. This easy chicken tinola recipe is composed of chicken and vegetables along with a good amount of ginger. There are many ways to prepare Chicken Tinola. This recipe is another way of making this cold weather favorite in a much easier way using alternative ingredients.
Traditional tinola will require you to make use of green papaya. This ingredient may not be easily accessible to some people. As an alternative, we are using chayote for this recipe. I also made use of chicken broth. This will help you cook the dish faster because it eliminates the need to simmer the chicken for several minutes just to extract its flavor. Hot pepper leaves or malunggay are the usual greens, but you can always use spinach.
Easy Chicken Tinola. Try this Easy Chicken Tinola Recipe. Send us your feedback.
Easy Chicken Tinola Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth or stock
- 3 pieces chayote peeled, seed removed, and sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons ginger sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fish sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- When the oil becomes hot, sauté the ginger, garlic and onion
- Once the onion is soft, put-in the chopped chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth. Let boil and then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the chayote wedges. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the hot pepper and/or malunggay leaves.
- Add the ground black pepper and fish sauce. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!