This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ham and Green Peas Sauté is a Quick and Easy Recipe that can be prepared for lunch. This goes well with steamed white or brown rice.
I thought of making a new recipe from our leftover shank ham. While making ham sandwich or ham fried rice is good, I thought that it will even be better to enjoy an uncommon dish – something that has not been tried before.
Preparing Ham and Green Peas Saute is so easy. Since the ham already has flavor, we will only need lesser seasoning. I patterned this recipe to the Asian taste that is why I used soy sauce and oyster sauce as the main seasoning.
Try this Easy Ham and Green Peas Saute Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. ham shank, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Put-in the ham and then cook for 2 minutes while stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water. Stir and simmer until the liquid completely evaporates.
- Put-in green peas, bell pepper, and dried parsley. Gently stir. Cook covered in low to medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- Share and enjoy!