Ham and Green Peas Sauté is a Quick and Easy Recipe that can be prepared for lunch. This goes well with steamed white or brown rice.
I thought of making a new recipe from our leftover shank ham. While making ham sandwich or ham fried rice is good, I thought that it will even be better to enjoy an uncommon dish – something that has not been tried before.
Preparing Ham and Green Peas Saute is so easy. Since the ham already has flavor, we will only need lesser seasoning. I patterned this recipe to the Asian taste that is why I used soy sauce and oyster sauce as the main seasoning.
Try this Easy Ham and Green Peas Saute Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Easy Ham and Green Peas Saute
- 1 lb. ham shank, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Put-in the ham and then cook for 2 minutes while stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water. Stir and simmer until the liquid completely evaporates.
- Put-in green peas, bell pepper, and dried parsley. Gently stir. Cook covered in low to medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- Share and enjoy!