This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For parties and get togethers, especially during the holiday season, different kinds of sisig recipes mean even more mouths to please! Those who have varying food preferences will luckily find that there is a sisig for everyone. And all it takes is a satisfying base for all your recipes: a seasoning so yummy it will win everyone’s hearts! Read on to find out more about this crowd pleasing seasoning and the different sisig recipes that can arise from it.
Let’s face it: a dish like sisig is one quite hard to mess up. Its components are both simple and accessible: first, your protein of choice, most likely the many different organs of a pig. Secondly, you have your seasoning—a concoction of various flavorings and spices that bring out that umami taste. Lastly, other ingredients like peppers, onions, and chilies really add to that overall wow factor that makes sisig what it is today. With how easy sisig is, some may find it difficult to find ways to switch it up and add new twists to an undoubtable classic. If this is your predicament, you need not look any further. These easy sisig recipes combine our Kapampangan favorite with a multitude of ingredients, designed to make your dining table diverse and delicious!
Sisig Recipes’ Dressing Ingredients
Like we said earlier, it’s the seasoning of your sisig that can truly make or break a dish. Luckily for you, the ingredients to make this perfect seasoning aren’t that hard to come by!
- Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Who doesn’t like a little sweetness and tanginess rolled together in one? The bright and delicious mayonnaise is a popular partner to any sisig recipe. Here, it lends its creamy, distinct taste to our seasoning to give it the extra oomph it needs for maximum satisfaction.
- Knorr Liquid seasoning. Almost the exact opposite on the flavor spectrum from mayonnaise, Knorr liquid seasoning is umami, savory, and altogether delicious. It’s got a saltiness to it that mayonnaise lacks, and when you put these two together it’s a match made in heaven.
- Lemon lime soda, calamansi juice, and vinegar. For that extra kick and jolt of flavor, you can count on lemon lime soda, calamansi juice, and vinegar! These acidic liquids give your sisig seasoning part sweet, part sour, and all yummy.
- And of course, you can’t forget your classic ground black pepper; it hasn’t let you down yet!
Simply mix all these ingredients together and both the smell and taste will be beyond words! Your loved ones surely won’t know what hit them when they take a bite of their sisig of choice, coated in this phenomenal seasoning.
Now, on to these easy peasy sisig recipes!
Lechon Kawali Sisig
The first of our sisig recipes is an homage to another Pinoy favorite: the ever crispy, ever indulgent lechon kawali! One thing Filipinos certainly know how to do is to make the best use of delicious pork belly. Combining this crunchy goodness with our delectable and savory sisig seasoning creates a dish unlike any other. And when you pair it with liver spread and chili peppers too? There’s no telling how much you and your family will love this addictive and life changing combination!
How To Make Lechon Kawali Sisig
- Boil the pork belly: To make this sinfully delicious lechon kawali sisig, boil your pork belly in whole peppercorn and dried bay leaves in 6 to 8 cups of water. This entire process should take about 50 minutes or so, but take however long or short you need for it to fully tenderize. The last thing we want, after all, is a non-juicy lechon kawali! Once it’s juicy to your liking, remove your lechon kawali from the pot and let it cool down.
- Season then deep fry: Rub your lechon kawali with 2 teaspoons of salt, then deep fry your pork belly until golden brown and crispy! When your lechon kawali is all golden and gorgeous, chop it into serving pieces.
- Add the sisig dressing then toss with all the ingredients: Make the sisig dressing and mix it with your crispy chopped lechon kawali. Then, for the most exciting part. Combine a quarter of that sumptuous sisig seasoning with 2 tablespoons of liver spread. Put the chopped pork belly, thai chili pepper, green onions, and red onions into a mixing bowl, and add your sisig dressing mixture too! Toss until you’ve well incorporated your dish, and serve this special sisig up for all your loved ones!
Crispy Tofu Sisig
Want something on the lighter, slightly healthier side? Learn how you can take your favorite dish and make it plant-friendly with this delicious tofu sisig! Of the many sisig recipes we have for you today, this one will appeal to your vegetarian friends and family. You have everything you love about sisig, from the savory seasoning to the refreshing kick, but in a filling tofu bite. Whether it’s with or without a sizzling plate, this crispy tofu sisig is a marvelous main course to enjoy with heaping cups of white rice!
How to Make Crispy Tofu Sisig
It’s also just so incredibly simple to make.
- Fry the tofu: Deep fry your tofu until golden brown and crispy, then drain the oil and set it aside.
- Mix it with the other ingredients: Combine your tofu, bell peppers, chili peppers, green and red onions in a bowl, the only thing missing is your seasoning!
- Add sisig dressing then toss: Douse your mix with a quarter of that delicious sisig dressing, and make sure to distribute it well.
Happy with how you’ve coated it? Your dish is then ready to be enjoyed! Wasn’t that just too easy?
With chewy, tasty tofu and an assortment of spices, your tofu sisig is another of the many sisig recipes you and your loved ones will surely enjoy digging into!
Luncheon Meat Sisig
It’s hard to not love luncheon meat. The quick convenience of making it combined with every flavorful bite made it a favorite in any kids’ lunchbox growing up. Pair it with egg, pack it in some pandesal, or even throw it in a stew; the possibilities of cooking with luncheon meat are endless. When you think you’ve run out of ways to enjoy luncheon meat, there inevitably always comes another one. Take, for instance, this fun twist on your favorite sisig recipes! Luncheon Meat Sisig is hearty, filling, and perfect—no matter what time of day you’re enjoying it!
How to Make Luncheon Meat Sisig
- Fry the Luncheon Meat: Simply deep fry your luncheon meat until it’s nice and crispy on the outside. Drain the oil and set it aside, then chop it up!
- Combine with onions and other ingredients: Arrange your luncheon meat alongside with the onions and green onions.
- Add sisig dressing then toss: Combine a quarter of the sisig dressing with a tablespoon of liver, much like what was done for the lechon kawali sisig. Toss these all together in your mixing bowl until you have the perfectly yummy sisig treat!
Last but not least on this list of easy sisig recipes, you have a quick tuna sisig! There are few better ways to make use of these versatile fish than through a fragrant, umami festival of flavors. Tuna sisig is popular across the Philippines for being a lighter alternative to pork but still equally delicious. I highly enjoy the combination of this dish with the vibrant bell peppers, as well as the onions you eat alongside it. Altogether, it makes for one perfect dish you just can’t get enough of!
How To Make Tuna Sisig
- Saute the tuna: After heating 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan, add your tuna from a can. Don’t forget to make sure to drain it prior! For about 2 minutes, sauté your fish and season it with salt and ground black pepper. Cool it down.
- Combine with all ingredients and dressing: Mix it up! With bell peppers, onions, and the last of the sisig seasoning, your tuna is about to get all the more flavorful! Toss them together and serve alongside the other sisig recipes you’ve easily prepared today.
These sisig recipes show you just how easy and just how adaptable this beloved Filipino food can be! Which of the recipes we made today was your favorite? And what other sisig recipes do you have up your sleeve? Let us know in the comments below!
Sisig seasoning ingredients:
- 1 cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Knorr liquid seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon lime soda
- 2 tablespoons calamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Lechon Kawali Sisig:
Crispy Tofu Sisig:
Luncheon Meat Sisig:
- 15 oz. luncheon meat
- 1 tablespoon liver spread
- 3 tablespoons green onions chopped
- ¼ cup red onions chopped
- 1 cup cooking oil
Tuna Sisig Recipe:
- 12 ounces tuna canned
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions chopped
- ¼ cup red onions chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine all Sisig seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Set aside.
- Make lechon kawali sisig by boiling the pork belly with whole peppercorn and dried bay leaves in 6 to 8 cups of water for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove from the pot and let it cool down. Rub it with 2 teaspoons of salt. Deep-fry the pork belly until golden brown and crispy. Chop into serving pieces. Combine a quarter of the sisig seasoning ingredients with 2 tablespoons of liver spread. Put the chopped pork belly, thai chili pepper, green onions, and red onions in a mixing bowl and then add the Sisig seasoning mixture. Toss until well blended. Serve.
- Make the crispy tofu sisig by deep frying the tofu until golden brown and crispy. Drain the oil and set aside. Arrange fried tofu, bell pepper, thai chili pepper, green onions, and red onions in a mixing bowl. Add a quarter of the sisig seasoning. Toss until evenly distributed. Serve!
- Make the luncheon meat sisig by deep frying the luncheon meat until golden brown and crispy. Drain the oil and set aside. Arrange luncheon meat, green onions, and red onions in a mixing bowl. Combine Sisig seasoning with 1 tablespoon liver spread and add it into the bowl. Toss until evenly distributed. Serve!
- Make the tuna sisig by heating butter in a pan. Add drained canned tuna. Saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper and let it cool down. Combine tuna, bell pepper, green onions, red onions, and the remaining sisig seasoning. Toss. Serve. Share and enjoy!