When two of my favorite food got married, they become a single dish called Embutido Meatloaf with Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I get that yummy taste of embutido (a type of steamed Filipino meatload) and the comforting feeling from the grilled cheese sandwich. The basil and tomato is a plus, which makes it more exciting to eat.
This grilled cheese sandwich version is quick and easy to prepare. It is just like making a simple grilled Swiss cheese sandwich. It will take you less than 10 minutes to complete the entire process (given that you have the embutido ready).
There is a selection of embutido recipes that you can choose from when making this grilled cheese sandwich. There is chicken, turkey, and pork. I recommend pork embutido simply because it my favorite among the different embutido versions. Feel free to make your choice.
The best way to enjoy your Embutido Meatloaf with Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich is to dip it in tomato soup.
Try this Embutido Meatloaf with Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Enjoy!
Embutido Meatloaf with Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 slices pork embutido Steamed Filipino meatloaf
- 2 slices of quick melt cheese
- 3 pieces chopped fresh basil
- 6 pieces grape tomato sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Arrange the cheese, embutido, basil, and tomato over a slice of white bread. Top with the remaining slice to form sandwich.
- Melt half of the butter in medium-sized pan.
- Gently slide the sandwich in the pan. Cook one side in medium heat for 60 to 90 seconds or until it turns golden brown. Gently press the sandwich with your spatula while doing this.
- Slide the spatula under the sandwich and lift it up high enough to add the remaining butter to the pan. Once the butter melts, turn the sandwich over to cook the other side until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan. Slice in half. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!