Fried Tilapia or any kind of fried fish is easy to cook. I’m sure that we all have our own ways of frying fish. I am sharing this recipe post just so you know how I do it. There is nothing special in my method. In fact, most of you might be doing the same thing.
I love fried fish. This is something that I can eat everyday. However, I try to refrain making this during the winter months because the smell of the fish lingers in the house for a while. In the Philippines, I can do this everyday. I remember just opening all the windows and the smell just disappears after a few hours.
Since it’s Summer, I can fry fish everyday. I usually do this outside of the house, by the backyard.
When it comes to eating fried fish, I’m not sure if I’m doing it like most Filipino does. I eat fried fish using my hands (nagkakamay po ako) and I mix the fermented fish sauce with rice and mash it. I always have a piece of whole tomato on the plate. I first take a bite of tomato before putting the fish (with rice) in my mouth.
How do you eat fried fish? Please pardon my silly question. I just want to discover other ways to enjoy this simple dish. What is the best food to pair with fried tilapia and what condiments do you use?
On another note, did you know that we can cook different dishes using fried tilapia? Fried tilapia in coconut milk is a good example. You can also make sinigang na isda with it. It is more tasty compared to fresh fish, in my opinion.
Simple dishes are awesome! Let’s eat some fried tilapia and pass the rice, please.
Fried Tilapia Recipe
- 2 pieces tilapia cleaned and scales removed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Rub salt all over the fish including the insides.
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan
- When the oil is hot, put-in the tilapia. Cover the frying pan, but make sure to open it a little so that steam can come out. Fry each side in medium heat for about 6 to 10 minutes. Note: I usually wait until I don’t hear any sound. This means that the liquid is gone and the fish is crisp.
- Remove from the pan and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite condiments and side dish.
- Share and enjoy!