This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
In recent years, we’ve seen more and more cooks experiment with the popular classic— crunchy fried chicken. Well, I’ve decided to jump in the trend with my own rendition made with creamy, savory mayonnaise. Care to try my Fried Chicken with Mayo Garlic Glaze?
Fried Chicken with Mayo Garlic Glaze
The name of the dish actually makes it simple for us to figure out what we can expect. And so if you’re a foodie who loves the rich taste of garlic, this one’s for you! It really is inspiring to see all of the kinds of fried chicken that are becoming more famous like those of the soy garlic and cheesy flavors.
But since we often also opt to dip our crunchy chicken in mayonnaise, I thought, “Why not incorporate it into the recipe?” This creates an interesting flavor for our glaze with a bit of saltiness and sourness. But a lot of other flavors are in play for this dish!
What does fried chicken with mayo garlic glaze taste like?
Other than the standard savory flavor of most fried chicken recipes, you can expect a bit of zest and sweetness, as we work with lemon juice and honey. As for the texture, a golden, buttery crisp is set to welcome your taste buds from the exterior. And the inside of the chicken won’t disappoint either. We’ve got ourselves a juicy, rich interior from ground black pepper, garlic powder and Knorr Liquid Seasoning.
But there are more components at work to create the overall great flavor of this Fried Chicken with Mayo Garlic Glaze. Let’s look through the items we will need.
Ingredients in Fried Chicken with Mayo Garlic Glaze
Before we begin, we also have to make sure that our ingredients are ready for cooking. That being said, you first need to get your 1 ½ lbs. of chicken thighs, and then cut them up into serving pieces. For this, it’s best to use a sharp knife that is a bit long— about 10 inches.
Next, we should have 2 eggs ready. Crack the eggs into a bowl, and beat them.
We want our chicken beautifully crisp, and so cooking oil plays a huge part in our recipe too. 2 cups is needed for this.
Chicken seasoning ingredients:
Knorr Liquid Seasoning
We want 2 tablespoons of Knorr Liquid Seasoning to really spruce up the savor in our chicken.
Ground black pepper
Then we’ve got to sprinkle in ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper. Just a little can go a long way in bringing out the flavor of the white meat.
The last of our spices for marinating the chicken thighs would be 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. You can expect a stronger flavor with this compared to using actual garlic.
Flour mixture ingredients:
On to the ingredients that do a lot for our crisp factor, get ¾ cup of all-purpose flour. Other than the fact that it is responsible for most of that outer layer of crunchiness, flour plays a big role in helping keep the chicken from sticking to our pot or pan.
We also want ½ cup of cornstarch in the mix. Make sure to store this in a clean container in a dry place, just like our flour, to make sure it stays good for use longer.
½ teaspoon of salt should also be ready in the kitchen.
And for a bit of a sharper flavor, we will integrate 1 teaspoon of onion powder. At this point, you could be thinking, “We’re using a lot of seasonings and spices for this dish.” This is the secret to a really great, flavorful chicken— a great mix of spices that build the overall taste!
We’re using just 1 tablespoon of butter, which we will melt later on.
And for the glaze, we will utilize actual garlic, providing a bit of texture as well to the chicken. Just get 3 cloves, and then mince these.
Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
Next on the list is one of our main ingredients— ½ cup of velvety, smooth Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise.
You will also need to squeeze some lemons to get ½ teaspoon of juice.
And of course, if we want that full, sticky glaze effect, honey should definitely be part of the process. Have 2 tablespoons of this ready for cooking.
How to Make Fried Chicken with Mayo Garlic Glaze
1. Marinate the chicken
- Mixing the seasoning ingredients – Get your chicken, and place it in a container with the Knorr Liquid Seasoning, ground black pepper and garlic powder. Mix these together thoroughly, making sure to cover every part of the chicken. Then just wait 10 minutes for the flavor to penetrate the meat.
2. Making the flour mixture
- Combining the flour mixture ingredients – Get your all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt and onion powder. Like the previous step, we will be mixing these together.
3. Deep-frying the chicken
- Heating the oil – Pour your cooking oil into a deep cooking pot, which would fit your chicken.
- Coating the chicken – As we wait, we can start dredging the chicken in our flour mixture from step 2. Afterwards, you should place the piece of chicken in a bowl with beaten egg, and make sure it is coated all over. Then for one more time, dredge this in the flour mixture
- Cooking the chicken – You can now place the meat in the pot, and deep-fry them until they are golden brown in color. This should take about 14 minutes. Then set them aside for now.
4. Creating the glaze
- Heating up the ingredients – Here comes the exciting part of making our glaze. Start by melting your butter in a pan, and then incorporate your garlic. We will cook this until it gets brown, and then turn your heat off.
- Adding the rest of the ingredients – Now we should put the Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey and Knorr Liquid Seasoning inside as well. Mix that all up.
5. Putting the glaze on the chicken
- Tossing the chicken into the glaze – Get your fried chicken from earlier, and put it in the container with your glaze. Then just toss the chicken with this to get it nice and beautifully coated.
- You’re good to go! Just put the beautifully crisp Fried Chicken with Mayo Garlic Glaze in a plate of choice!
I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe. Leave a comment for any queries you’ve got too!
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken thighs cut into serving pieces
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
Chicken seasoning ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Flour mixture ingredients:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- Combine chicken with the chicken seasoning ingredients. Mix well. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine flour mixture ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat 2 cups of cooking oil in a deep cooking pot.
- While the oil is heating-up, dredge the chicken in flour mixture. Dip in beaten egg, and then dredge once more with the flour mixture.
- Deep-fry the chicken for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken from the cooking pot. Set aside.
- Make the Mayo Garlic glaze by melting butter on a clean pan. Add garlic. Cook until it starts to brown. Turn the heat off and add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, and Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Mix well.
- Add the crispy fried chicken and toss with the glaze until completely coated.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!