Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa is a vegetable dish composed of Calabaza squash and string beans.The vegetables are cooked in coconut milk or coconut cream. Different kinds of seafood — sometimes meat is used to cook this dish to add more flavor.
There are many different variations of Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa, but this one is my favorite — because of the crabs. I like this dish better with alimasag (blue crabs); the flavor of the crabs blends well with the vegetables and coconut milk.
Everytime I cook this vegetable and crab recipe, I make sure to cook an extra cup of rice because the wonderful flavor of this dish always increases my appetite. I must control my rice intake though, so I limit myself to 2 cups of rice.
Try this Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa recipe and let me know what you think
Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa with Crabs Recipe
- Heat a cooking pot and pour cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add fish sauce and coconut cream, and then let boil.
- Put-in the ground black pepper, and then cook for 10 minutes in medium heat until the liquid reduces.
- Put-in the crabs and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash (kalabasa) and cook until the squash becomes a little soft.
- Add the string beans, stir, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: