Tuna belly is perfect for grilling. This grilled tuna belly recipe is easy to follow and the result is great. You should be enjoying your tasty and delicious tuna belly after a few hours of preparation.
How to Make Grilled Tuna Belly
Making your own grilled tuna at home can never be tastier and easier. The key is with the marinade and time of marination. The method of grilling also plays an important role.
It is important to marinate the tuna for at least 3 hours in order for the fish to absorb the flavors. A simple mixture of soy sauce, calamansi, and sugar is a good basic marinade. Feel free to add other ingredients based on your preference. Adding a little bit of garlic powder makes a huge difference.
When it comes to grilling, the fish should be well basted so that it won’t get dry. Basting also helps infuse flavor to the fish. It is also a must to keep an eye on the tuna belly while grilling. Do not overcook the fish so that it remains moist and soft.
A charcoal grill is perfect to make this dish. However, using gas grill works too.
I enjoy having my grilled tuna belly with warm rice. It is also best to have it with soup. Tinolang tuna is a good example, along with sinigang na tuna.
If you have tried this recipe, post a picture in Instagram and use the hashtag #panlasangpinoy.
Try this simple yet delicious grilled tuna recipe. Enjoy!
Grilled Tuna Belly
- 4 lbs. Tuna belly
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 pieces calamansi
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the marinade by combine soy sauce, calamansi, ground black pepper, and sugar in a bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Place the tuna in a Ziploc bag. Pour the soy sauce marinade.Let the air out of the bag. Seal. Marinate inside the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Heat-up the grill. Arrange the tuna belly on the grate of the grill. Brush a generous amount marinade mixture on the tuna. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the tuna belly over and grill the opposite side. Baste the top and sides. Continue to grill for another 5 minutes. Continue performing the process until the tuna is completely cooked.
- Serve with a dipping sauce composed of soy sauce, calamansi, and chili pepper. Share and enjoy!