Hawaiian Pizza (No Bake)
There is perhaps no other dish that has caused an uproar quite like Hawaiian Pizza. For some people, pineapples belong in the classic dough dish. But some others feel quite strongly over the fact that the tropical fruit should have nothing to do with the Italian recipe. However, I do see the unmistakable appeal this…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
There is perhaps no other dish that has caused an uproar quite like Hawaiian Pizza. For some people, pineapples belong in the classic dough dish. But some others feel quite strongly over the fact that the tropical fruit should have nothing to do with the Italian recipe. However, I do see the unmistakable appeal this dish has. Pineapples can add such a refreshing quality to pizza like no other ingredient can.
And so if, like me, you appreciate this popular yet polarizing dish, how about making it on your own? I acknowledge that not everyone has an oven that can fit a whole pizza in it. That’s why I have created this No Bake version of the lovely Hawaiian Pizza wherein you will get to learn how to make your own dough too! All you will need for equipment is your pan and stove!
What does no-bake hawaiian pizza taste like?
Some pizza lovers prefer a nice and thin crust over the thick, chewy ones. If you belong to the prior category, this recipe is for you! There is a gorgeous crispiness you are able to achieve for the crust due to the method of cooking for this no bake pizza. But the flavor will not vary too much from your pineapple-infused favorite. You can expect a richness in our pizza sauce, as well as that beautiful stretch in each bite from our usage of mozzarella cheese.
But we have here a component for the dough that might shock you— beer! This is actually pretty helpful in making the dough rise, while enhancing the flavor of our pizza. And if you are worried about the alcohol content, rest assured that this will evaporate as we cook the pizza. Since, of course, we have dough involved, you can expect a bit of a hearty meal with this one.
Ingredients in Hawaiian Pizza (No Bake)
CDO Sweet Ham
To heighten the satisfying sweetness of our pizza, we will use 75 grams of CDO Sweet Ham. Make sure to slice this to serve as a delicious pizza topping. I think it can be really great to integrate some meat into pizza in order to have a good amount of protein in the meal.
Get your ½ cup of yummy pineapple tidbits ready as well. Fruit can serve as that perfect twist in terms of flavor for your salty pizza. But the boost pineapple provides is not just in the taste, but also in the nutritional content of your food. This component has bromelain, which can be really good for the heart. That is because it can prevent certain cardiovascular problems, such as atherosclerosis. Bromelain can also reduce transient ischaemic attacks, which is often described as a mini stroke because of the similarity in symptoms. The same enzyme may also aid in lessening the inflammation following a surgery.
What’s a great pizza recipe without the classic, rich taste of tomatoes? While there are some great pizzas out there utilizing white sauce, there is nothing quite like a tomato-based one to further enrich your dish’s taste. For this recipe, we will use ½ cup of pizza sauce.
If you want your pizza to be as beautiful as it is tasty, you are going to need ¾ cup of mozzarella cheese. As I had previously mentioned, this is what helps you achieve that gorgeous stretchiness you have probably seen a ton of times on pizza they show on television. Not to mention, it adds a light, somewhat milky taste to our dish.
We are going to learn a little bit about being a baker for this recipe as we are creating our own dough! Start with 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
Also prepare your ½ teaspoon of baking powder just to help the dough rise a little.
Next on our list is sugar, which we will not be using too much of so that the dough does not get too sweet, and end up tasting like white bread. Proceed with just ½ teaspoon of this.
We will work with some salt as well, specifically ½ teaspoon of this, which helps balance out the overall flavor of the dough. This also helps to create a nice, savory taste when it comes to the crust.
On to quite an exciting ingredient— ⅓ cup of beer.
Before we get to actually cooking, we will surely need 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
We now have everything together. Just put on your apron, and prepare to test out your kneading and cooking skills!
How to Make Hawaiian Pizza (No Bake)
1. Making the dough
- Mixing together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt – Do this thoroughly so everything is well-integrated.
- Integrating oil and beer – Mix this into the rest of your ingredients too.
- Kneading your dough – We will keep this up until we get a nice, smooth texture. Then form the dough into a ball, and then put plastic wrap all over. Make sure that you are not wrapping this too tightly. Afterwards, just let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Rolling the dough – When the time has passed, you can start rolling your dough so it form a circle that would be 10 inches.
2. Cooking the pizza
- Heating up the pan – Put your pan over medium high heat, and let it sit there for just 30 seconds.
- Cooking the dough – Now place your dough inside, and put the cover on top. Continue cooking this in the medium low heat setting until large bubbles form on top for approximately three minutes. And to deflate these bubbles, we will be poking them with a fork. Then turn the pizza to the other side so the dough can cook for 2 more minutes.
- Adding the toppings – Distribute your pizza sauce evenly on the dough. And then you can place your cheese, CDO Sweet Ham and pineapple tidbits on top. Get your cover back on top, and then just let everything cook until the cheese melts, which would take around 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Serving your Hawaiian Pizza
- Plating the dish – Transfer your cooked pizza to a wide chopping board. And then just slice this into as many pieces as you would like.
Leave any questions you have in the comments section below!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Hawaiian Pizza (No Bake)
- 75 grams CDO Sweet Ham sliced
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Make the pizza dough by combining flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well
- Add oil and beer. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Knead the dough until smooth. Form it into a ball. Wrap the dough loosely with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a 10-inch circle.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the pizza dough in the pan and cover with a lid. Set the stove to medium low heat Cook it until you see large bubbles forming on top, for about 3 minutes. Poke the pizza crust with a fork to deflate the bubbles.
- Flip the pizza crust. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough. Top with cheese, CDO Sweet Ham sliced, and pineapple tidbits.
- Cover and cook the pizza for another 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the pan and lay on a wide chopping board. Slice. Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Comment