Cod is a type of fish with a mild taste and flaky texture. It is known as Bacalao in Spanish. This fish is popular for its liver oil (Cod Liver Oil) which is said to be a good source of Vitamin A and Omega-3 fatty Acids. This baked cilantro lime cod recipe is simple yet delicious.
Baked Cilantro Lime Cod is a simple and healthy recipe that makes use of Cod fillets, Cilantro (wansuy), and lime juice. This is one restaurant quality seafood recipe that you can make in the comfort of your own home.
I also have a baked fish recipe that makes use of swai fillet. You might want to check it out.
Are you trying to control your calorie and fat intake? This is the perfect meal for you.
Give this Delicious Cod recipe a try. Happy cooking!
Baked Cilantro Lime Cod Recipe
- 4 pieces cod fillets
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the cod fillets with olive oil then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Place the cod fillets in a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining cilantro, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a blender. Blend until the texture becomes smooth.
- Arrange the baked cod fillets in a serving plate then spoon the sauce on top.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!