I think that this simple Baked Swai Fillet is something that you should try for many reasons. The first reason will be the taste, it is not that overpowering, unlike other types fish, while the smell is not too fishy. Baked Swai fillet is also easy to prepare and this recipe has very minimal ingredients. It only takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook this fish dish.
Are you familiar with Swai? What is Swai, anyway? Swai is a name or term given to the meat of a freshwater fish called Iridescent shark. The name might sound confusing, don’t worry because this is not really the kind of shark that lives in the ocean, rather this fish is a type of shark catfish that lives in the rivers of Southeast Asia.
The Best of Panlasang Pinoy
Swai recipes and different Swai dishes is slowly getting popular these days because it sells cheaper compared to other fish fillets in the market. I must admit that this baked Swai fillet exceeded my expectations in terms of taste and texture. Oh – by the way, I tried using a different kind of seasoning for this recipe; It is a salt free Lemon Pepper Seasoning blend. This seasoning is best if you want your fish or any seafood to taste fresh and mild – the type wherein you can really taste the flavor of the ingredients and not the seasoning.
Try this Baked Swai Fillet Recipe. Cheers!
- 6 pieces Swai fillet
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash salt free Lemon Pepper Seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Cooking oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Grease the the foil by spraying cooking oil spray all throught.
- Meanwhile, brush the melted butter on the fish and then sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning all over the fish (swai fillet). Arrange the fish over the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!