One quick and easy soup recipe is Sardines with Misua. This recipe converts canned Sardines (or Mackerel) in tomato sauce into a simple but flavorful soup dish.Misua are thin flour noodles that are usually added to soups. Almondigas (or Misua with patola soup) is a good example of a soup dish that uses Misua.
In this recipe, you can use any brand of sardines as long as it is in a tomato based sauce. One small cylindrical can of sardines should be enough for the entire process. If you like to add vegetables to this recipe, please feel free to do so. Upo (bottle gourd), chayote, and patola (loofa) are some of the vegetables that I can suggest.
If you have other suggestions, ideas, or tip that you want to share, please type them in the comment box at the bottom of this post.
Try this Sardines with Misua Recipe and let us know what you think.
Sardines with Misua Recipe
- 1 small can sardines in tomato sauce
- 2 ounces misua thin flour noodles
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon toasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon scallion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the sardines including the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in fish sauce and ground black pepper then stir.
- Add water and let boil.
- Put-in the misua and cook for 3 to 5 minutes under medium heat.
- Turn-off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with toasted garlic and chopped scallions on top.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!