This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Poached eggs are eggs cooked without any oil or fat. Poaching an egg means cooking the egg by submerging it in simmering water just enough to cook the egg whites while maintaining the runny texture of the yolk.
Eggs Benedict is a popular recipe that uses poached egg. It is basically made by topping poached egg over ham (which is topped over an English muffin) and served with Hollandaise sauce. Poached eggs are also good over toast.
If you love eggs, then you might enjoy eating Poached Eggs.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Pour about 4 to 6 cups of water on a cooking pot and let boil.
2. Season with a little salt (and pepper if desired).
3. Add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
4. Adjust the heat to low until the temperature is just about simmering.
5. Crack an egg then place on a ladle or slotted spoon.
6. Gently submerge the ladle into the simmering water and gently release the egg on the cooking pot to cook.
7. Allow to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Note: you can gently swirl the water so that the eggs will have a nicer shape.
8. Gently remove the egg from the cooking pot using the same ladle and transfer it to a plate.
9. Serve and enjoy!