Kalabasa and Corned Beef Nuggets
Kalabasa and Corned Beef Nuggets can be a good alternative to chicken nuggets, just for a change. This recipe is simple and straightforward. You should be able to make your own homemade vegetable nuggets with corned beef from scratch in less than 30 minutes. The steps involved in this recipe is fit for beginners. All…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Kalabasa and Corned Beef Nuggets can be a good alternative to chicken nuggets, just for a change. This recipe is simple and straightforward. You should be able to make your own homemade vegetable nuggets with corned beef from scratch in less than 30 minutes.
The steps involved in this recipe is fit for beginners. All that needs to be done is mix all the ingredients all together and form it into nuggets. Coat the nuggets with bread crumbs, and then fry until golden brown.
These nuggets can also be baked. Simply arrange the nuggets in a baking tray and bake in 400F for 20 minutes. You can also pan fry it first before baking to give it that nice golden color. There are many ways to cook these chunks of deliciousness. By the way, using an air fryer works too.
You should be able to mix and match the composition of the ingredients. For example, sweet potato can be used as a replacement for squash, or you can use both together. You can also go all veggies and not use any meat component.
I personally like this combination. Another combination that I like is crabmeat and asian sweet potato. It is somewhat like a crab cake in nugget form.
Try this homemade nuggets Recipe. Enjoy!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Homemade Kalabasa and Corned Beef Nuggets
- 12 ounces corned beef
- 2 cups kalabasa
- 1 piece egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs for the mixture
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs for coating
- 2 1/2 cups cooking oil
- Grate the kalabasa or butternut squash using a cheese grater. You can also use a food processor.
- Combine grated kalabasa nd corned beef in a bowl. Mix the ingredients together.
- Add garlic powder, pepper, salt, egg, and breadcrumbs. Continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended. Note: If the texture of the mixture is still sticky, you can add more breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Scoop around 2 tablespoons of mixture and mold it into nuggets. Dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Fry one side until golden brown. Turn over and continue to fry the opposite side until the same color is achieved. Remove from the cooking pot and let excess oil drip.
- Tranfer to a serving plate. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Watch How to Cook Kalabasa and Corned Beef Nuggets
Leave a Comment