Longanisa Fried Rice and Ginisang Corned Beef with Kalabasa is a perfect breakfast meal. This can also be consumed for brunch. The meal should be more than enough to provide you with the necessary energy to start your day.
I usually prepare such a meal during big days. This is the time when I needed to carb-up to be able to have enough energy to completed expected tasks and do more activities.
This combination is a winner, as far as I am concerned. It is nourishing and both dishes are delicious. It is also easy to make.
Have you cooked fried rice before? This version might look a bit intimidating to make, but it is really simple. Refer to the steps in the recipe below for guidance. Also, watch the video so that you can see how I did it step-by-step.
Let’s talk about the ingredients in our fried rice. I used sweet longanisa for this recipe. It is also referred to as Pampangga longanisa. Don’t be limited to this variety. The fried rice can also be made using other types of longanisa such as Vigan, Imus, Lucban, or even our very own skinless longanisa.
The veggies that I used are frozen peas and carrots that I got from the supermarket. This frozen products comes-in handy anytime I need it. You may also use fresh carrots, just slice it into cubes. As for the peas, I prefer the frozen ones over the ones in can.
Corned beef with potato is a common combination. However, it is always good to try something different. I think that kalabasa (I used butternut squash) is a good alternative to potato when making sauteed corned beef. I loved the overall taste. It is really good!
Try this Longanisa Fried Rice and Ginisang Corned Beef with Kalabasa recipe. Let me know how you liked it.
Longanisa Fried Rice and Ginisang Corned Beef with Kalabasa
Longanisa Fried Rice
- 3 pieces longanisa
- 2 pieces egg
- 4 1/2 cups leftover rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- ground black pepper to taste
Ginisang Corned Beef with Kalabasa
- 12 ounces corned beef
- 2 pieces onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 piece butternut squash cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the longanisa fried rice by combining salt and leftover rice. Gently mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Crack eggs in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Heat oil in a pan. Pour the beaten egg mixture. Cook until done. Set aside.
- Remove the casing from the longanisa. Heat oil in a pan. Add the longanisa meat. Cook while separating the mixture into smaller pieces.
- Add salted rice. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the eggs into smaller pieces. Add into the pan. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and green peas. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with ground black pepper. Tranfer to a serving plate.
- Cook the corned beef by heating oil in a clean pan. Saute garlic and onion until onion softens.
- Add corned beef. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add kalabasa. Stir. Pour water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with longanisa fried rice.
- Share and enjoy!