Meaty Spaghetti is a meaty version of Pinoy spaghetti. This is one of my favorite versions. I love the taste of the sauce. It is sweet, meaty, and very flavorful. This reminds me of the spaghetti from a popular fast food chain that I grew up eating.
There are countless version of Filipino spaghetti. All of them these has the same characteristics : there is a sweet component , and most of these versions have a strong meaty taste. This recipe is not an exception.
I personally think that this version is promising. You should try it for yourself and let me know how you liked it.
How to Cook Pinoy Spaghetti
The first thing to do is to make the meaty sauce. Saute onion and garlic in a pot, and then add ground pork. It is important to cook the pork well. I usually saute it until the color turns light brown before adding the next ingredients.
Pour tomato sauce into the pot and add water. I am using regular tomato sauce for this recipe. Feel free to use other varieties such as the ones infused with meaty flavors or the ones with herbs. The choice is yours. Add a piece of Knorr Pork Cube. This ingredient helps make the sauce taste meatier. Let the mixture cook for 30 minutes. Add liver spread afterwards and season with sugar, salt and ground black pepper.
Note that this is a Filipino version of meaty spaghetti . The sauce tends to be on the sweet side. It is also the reason why hotdogs are part of the recipe.
Cook your spaghetti pasta according to package instructions, for best results. I did mine by boiling 6 cups of water. I added some salt and then cooked the spaghetti for 10 minutes.
Arrange the spaghetti on a serving plate and then top with meat sauce and cheese.
Try this Meaty Spaghetti Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Meaty Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Make the sauce by heating oil in a cooking pot. Saute onion and garlic until onion softens.
- Add ground pork. Cook until light brown.
- Pour tomato sauce into the pot and then add water. Stir. Let boil.
- Add Knorr pork cube. Stir and cover the pot. Cook for 30 minutes between low to medium heat.
- Add liver spread. Stir and let it blend with the sauce.
- Put-in hotdogs. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with sugar, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Prepare the spaghetti by following the package instructions.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in a serving plate. Top with meaty spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Meaty Spaghetti