Orange Crispy Burger
Want to take your next burger patty meal to the next level? How about trying the meaty ingredient with a satisfying crunch, and the most delicious, semi-sweet orange glaze? This Orange Crispy Burger is the perfect lunch or dinner dish to serve for when you are craving something that’s got a sweetness to its savor. …
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Want to take your next burger patty meal to the next level? How about trying the meaty ingredient with a satisfying crunch, and the most delicious, semi-sweet orange glaze? This Orange Crispy Burger is the perfect lunch or dinner dish to serve for when you are craving something that’s got a sweetness to its savor.
It also is not too hard to make as you will mainly deal with two separate steps— cooking your burger patties perfectly, and whipping up the tasty orange glaze. And since this is an easy dish, you can definitely create this for your meal prep or for packed lunches. It will not take too much time out of your day, and you will still end up with a yummy, crispy dish that is perfect to energize you for the rest of your day!
What does orange crispy burger taste like?
There is a reason why dishes like soy garlic chicken and sweet and sour fish work so perfectly. Mixing in a crispy ingredient— most often a protein too like meat— with a slightly sugary sauce gives you a most rewarding contrast. You can expect those dynamics to be at play with this Orange Crispy Burger too!
A subtly sour and sweet glaze will first welcome your taste buds. All that flavor— coming from the likes of white vinegar, red pepper flakes and orange juice— seeps into the crunchy burger patties too. The salty, flavorful patty is also key to making this whole recipe work. And because we are having this with some rice, you should get pretty full from this meal. But don’t hesitate to whip up more than just one patty for yourself as you might end up reaching for more!
How to Make Orange Crispy Burger
1. Frying the burger patties
- Heating some oil – Pour 2 tablespoons of cooking oil into a pan, and apply some heat.
- Adding the patties – Once the pan is hot, you can toss in 3 CDO Crispy burger patties. Then just fry these with medium heat. Make sure to flip the patty onto the other side once one is already cooked and crispy. Set this aside for now as it is time to work on our glaze!
2. Creating the orange glaze
- Heating oil in another pan – We will place some cooking oil in a pan, and heat this up as we did earlier.
- Incorporating garlic, ginger and sugar – Now we can add 3 cloves of garlic, and ½ teaspoon of ginger, both of which are minced. Sauté these together. After that, you can sprinkle in 3 tablespoons of sugar. Wait for the sugar to melt before proceeding to the next step.
- Adding some more flavor – We will move on to our liquid ingredients. You will need to incorporate some sesame oil, orange juice, soy sauce and white vinegar. Then just let this boil. When it is boiling, you can put the red pepper flakes inside. Continue cooking everything for 1 minute.
- Making the sauce thick – We will mix water and cornstarch in a bowl until it is perfectly blended. Now just put that in your pan, and stir the entire mixture. We will keep the stirring going until the sauce is thick enough.
3. Assembling the dish
- Plating the Orange Crispy Burger – We’re nearly there! Just put your cooked CDO Crispy Burger on a serving plate of choice, and make sure to arrange this nicely. Add a cup of rice on the side. Then just drizzle the orange glaze we made over all 3 patties. Finish things off by adding a garnish of 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions.
And there you have it! Wasn’t that fun and easy? There are plenty more simple and delicious recipes to try out here on Panlasang Pinoy! Let me introduce you to a couple.
Easy dishes to serve with your Orange Crispy Burger
Easy Seafood Paella
Do you want a richer, and far more vibrant side dish for your burger patties? This Easy Seafood Paella is definitely the way to go for you! It is a party in itself with so many delightful flavors and textures in one dish. You’ve got shrimp, red bell pepper, tomato and so much more ingredients that are sure to satisfy you. The sweetness from your burger patty would also collaborate nicely with our paella.
This is a dish that most Filipinos probably wouldn’t say no to, but made simpler to cook! My Easy Palabok recipe trims down the process of making the famous rice noodles recipe without compromising the taste. You can still expect a rich taste from toasted garlic, onion, and of course, those delicious tinapa flakes.
No Steam Easy Flan
Want a dessert to go with your burger patties? This No Steam Easy Flan takes less than an hour to make, and will serve a party of four! It also has that unmistakable smoothness and sugary quality that we love in our flan.
Any questions about making some Orange Crispy Burger? Let me know in the comments section!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Orange Crispy Burger
- 3 CDO Crispy burger patties
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
Orange glaze ingredients:
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Fry both sides of the CDO Crispy burger patties using medium heat until crispy. Set aside.
- Make the orange glaze by heating oil in a pan. Saute garlic and ginger
- Add sugar and let it melt.
- Pour sesame oil, orange juice, soy sauce, and vinegar. Let boil.
- Add red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir until blended. Pour mixture into the pan. Continuously stir until the sauce thickens.
- Arrange CDO Crispy Burger on a plate with a cup of rice on the side. Drizzle the orange over the patties. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment