Pancit Canton at Bihon is a Filipino noodle dish composed of two of my favorite noodles: pancit canton (flour noodles), and pancit bihon (rice noodles). It is somewhat similar to Bam-I, which is a popular pancit version in Cebu and the Visayas region.
I consider this pancit version special, not only because of the noodles, but also with the medley of other ingredients. It has both pork and chicken, and there are also pan-fried shrimp added to it — not to mention the combination of different vegetables. It is amazing.
In addition, I also like the idea that this can be prepared quickly. Yes, it can still be considered as a short order. Provided that the shredded chicken is prepared beforehand, Pancit Canton at Bihon can be cooked in less than 30 minutes. This means that you can quickly make it in a spur of the moment when ingredients are available.
This is good to make in any occasion. As mentioned, you can cook this on regular days, or for special events such as birthdays or potluck parties. This this will not disappoint.
Try this Pancit Canton at Bihon Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pancit Canton at Bihon Recipe
- 2 ounces pancit canton
- 2 ounces pancit bihon
- 1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 8 to 10 pieces medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces pork shoulder sliced into small pieces
- 4 ounces boiled and shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 medium carrot julienne
- 1 ½ cup sliced green beans Baguio beans
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow or white onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Soak the bihon noodles in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and set the soaked bihon aside.
- Heat a cooking pot and then pour 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Once the oil becomes hot, pan fry the shrimp for 1 minute per side. Remove the shrimp from the pot after pan-frying, and then set aside.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add sliced pork. Continue to sauté until it turns light brown.
- Add shredded chicken. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour soy sauce and water. Stir. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Stir. Cover the pot and continue to cook in low heat for 20 minutes. Note: you can add more water, if needed.
- Add carrots, green beans, and cabbage. Stir. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the pancit canton in the pot. Cover. Let the noodles absorb the steam from the boiling liquid for 3 minutes.
- Toss the pancit canton with the other ingredients.
- Add the pancit bihon. Toss some more until all ingredients are well blended.
- Put the pan-fried shrimp into the pot and sprinkle with ground black pepper. Toss and cook until the liquid has been absorbed completely.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pancit Canton at Bihon Recipe