This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pancit Sotanghon Na May Hipon is a dish fit for the holiday season. You can prepare this during family reunions, holiday potluck, Christmas dinner, and during New Year’s eve. I love to have this with few pieces of lumpiang shanghai dipped in homemade sweet and sour sauce. Delicious!
Aside from being yummy and very tasty, I like Pancit Sotanghon Na May Hipon because it is quick and easy to make. This is ideal for those who are starting to learn how to cook. I think that the cooking video below along with the step-by-step recipe should be enough reference. Of course, feel free to ask me if you have questions.
Before you get started, make sure that you have the complete ingredients. Most of these are common and should be available in your local supermarket. Paprika is one ingredient that I use when my dish needs flavor and color at the same time. It has a sweet bell pepper profile that fits dishes such as this. It also helps make my pancit look more appetizing by providing a reddish color to it. Chinese sausage or Lap Xuong, on the other hand, is a type of dry sausage that is very tasty. It is nice to have for this dish.
Try this Pancit Sotanghon Na May Hipon Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 5 ounces Sotanghon noodles
- 1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 12 pieces shrimp
- 1 piece Chinese sausage minced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 3/4 cup carrot julienne
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Soak noodles in water for 5 minutes or until it starts to get softer and manageable. Drain the water. Set the noodles aside. Note: Make sure to not soak the noodles longer than 8 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot. Sauté garlic until light brown
- Add onion. Sauté until soft
- Put the Chinese sausage, parsley, and paprika. Sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour-in water and fish sauce. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Stir. Cover the pot and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Put ground black pepper, shrimp, carrot and cabbage into the pot. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sotanghon and gently stir. Let the noodles absorb the liquid. Cover the pot and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed fully.
- Add scallions and toss the noodles.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pancit Sotanghon Na May Hipon