Pastimallows is a type of dessert treat which is comprised of two main components: Pastillas de leche and jet puffed marshmallow. It is done by simply covering the marshmallow with flattened pastillas and rolling it over granulated white sugar. This is easy to prepare and it can be a good opportunity for the kids in the family to help because this does not involve cooking.
I prepared this Christmas colored pastimallows because it is only a few more days before Christmas. This can be a good idea for those of you who were thinking of making something special with your kids. It can also be arranged in nice little boxes for you to give as presents to friends. In addition, these treats can help those who want to earn extra income during the season.
The nice thing about pastimallows aside from its ease of preparation is that you can always design it your way. In my case, I want it to look simple and Christmassy so I used red and green food color. You can do the same and even add extra components too.
One of the tricky steps when making pastimallows is the rolling of the pastillas. If your hands are dry, the mixture will easily stick on our palm. One way to prevent this from happening is to grease your palms with a bit of cooking oil.
I hope that you enjoy this simple recipe for pastillas covered marshmallows.
Try this Pastimallows recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 20 pieces jet-puffed marshmallows
- 2 1/4 cups powdered milk
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 12 drops Red and green food coloring
- Combine powdered milk, condensed milk, and butter in a bowl. Mix well.
- Separate the mixture into half.
- Add 10 to 12 drops of red food coloring on one bowl and the same amount of green food coloring on the other bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop a tablespoon of mixture of red food coloring. Mold it into a sphere. Flatten the sphere and then wrap it on a piece of marshmallow. Roll over the bowl with sugar and then arrange in a small cup cake cup. Perform this step until all the red and green mixture are completely consumed.
- Share and enjoy.
Watch the Video on How to Make Pastimallows