Pesang Manok or Chicken in Ginger Soup is a Filipino soup dish that can be eaten for lunch or dinner. It has a very mild flavor, this means that it can be best accompanied with other tasty or fried Filipino dishes. I usually have this with crispy pata. This is also best to have during cold weather.
Preparing Pesang Manok is very easy. All you have to do is combine the chicken with most of the ingredients and cook until tender. The vegetables are added towards the last part. Pesang Manok is nice to have with steamed white rice and some fish sauce with chili as dipping sauce.
Try this Pesang Manok Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pesang Manok (Chicken Soup in Ginger Broth)
- 3 lbs Chicken cut into serving pieces
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 to 3 thumbs ginger
- 2 pieces potatoes quartered
- 1/2 lb Napa cabbage cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Combine chicken, water, chicken broth, ginger, and whole peppercorn in a cooking pot. Let boil. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 12 minutes.
- Put-in the Napa cabbage and fish sauce. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!